Friday, February 1, 2013

Book Pendant & Charm


Books have been a big part of my life since I taught myself to read at two. As a kid, I used to climb up into apple trees and spend hours reading and snacking on apples when I got hungry. One of my all-time favorites is Anne of Green Gables. Currently, I am reading off the "1001 Books to Read Before You Die" list.

So, when I saw this on Pinterest, I was smitten.
 Mini book necklace tutorial from The Perfect Pear {SC}
I've wanted to make one ever since, and I also wanted a book for my charm bracelet. I've looked all over for a charm and I haven't found anything I've liked. I thought this adorable project could solve my problem. I made one as a pendant and a tiny one for my bracelet.




I enjoy projects that are do-able in a single evening. Making these were simple and didn't cost me anything since I already had the supplies. If you want to see the tutorial and make one (or more!) yourself, check out The Perfect Pear's easy-to-follow instructions.

Also, if you are an avid reader, I encourage you to join Goodreads, if you haven't already. It's a great site to track what you and your friends have read, rate and discuss books, and find new material. My user name is 'ShanLyn1879' is you want to follow me. Also, if you want to check out the "1001 Books to Read Before You Die" list, you can find it here.




P.S. I've linked up with Craftionary, One Project Closer, French Country Cottage, Tatertots & JelloSweet Boutique, Funky Junk Interiors, Be Different Act Normal, I Heart Naptime, Twigg Studios, Petite Hermine, Under the Table & Dreaming, Mad in Crafts, The Chicken Chick, Sarahndipities, Skip to my Lou, Coastal Charm, Sugar Bee Crafts, Today's Creative Blog, Trendy Treehouse, We are THAT Family, Someday Crafts, Sew Much Ado, DIY Crafty Projects, Southern Lovely, Beyond the Picket Fence, 733, Bloom, House of Hepworths, Made in a Day, Imparting Grace, The Shabby Creek Cottage, The Charm of Home, Redoux

19 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon, I wanted to thank you for your kind comments on my mini shadow box project. I tried to respond back by email but you are a no-reply blogger. If you fix that in your settings, you will get a lot more feedback and interaction with other bloggers. Also, I was curious why you don't offer an ability to follow via GFC? You have a cute blog and some great projects like the one above!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for all your help, Danni!

      Delete
  2. OH my goodness! I love the idea of a little book pendant. So cute. Thanks for sharing! come visit me somethime www.lifeawayfromtheofficechair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I'll come visit you! I appreciate you stopping by and leaving your sweet comment!

      Delete
  3. These are so cute Shannon - what a great gift idea too! :)
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jocie, thanks for hosting! I love linking up with you!

      Delete
  4. So lovely!!! Love the sweet ideas! Thanks so much for sharing! Would love to have you visit me sometime.
    Have a fabulous week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to check out my post! I love that you're from Portugal! I will absolutely return the favor!

      Delete
  5. Happy to be your newest GFC follower!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea and thanks for sharing it at my party.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! This is adorable. I want one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so easy, Denise, you should make one! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Those are really cute and I can see how someone could decorate the books in different ways to represent their favorite book. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog today. I'm followin you so I can come back to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comments! I thought the same thing about personalizing the mini books, perhaps with a cross to represent the Bible. The only mini punches I have are a spiral, a star, and a heart; I chose the heart since it's close to Valentine's Day.

      I really enjoyed your blog post, it is so cute! And I really appreciate the follow!

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous jewelry - I love charm bracelets and yours is a beauty!

    And reading - although I haven't had as much time for it as I like. Never heard of Goodreads - will have to check it out - and definitely that book list!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly, I really appreciate your kind words. I hope you do check out Goodreads, I think you'll find some great recommendations!

      Delete
  10. this is great! i saw your feature on beyond the picket fence, and had to come over and tell you how much i love this charm. reading is like, the best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! I didn't even know I was featured! Thanks for stopping by and letting me know!

      Delete