Friday, November 2, 2012

E's "Taco Soup"

In my household, I don't do much cooking because I get home later than my fiance and, honestly, I'm not that good at it. I can't tell when the chicken breasts are done (I always think I see pink) and ask me to whip up some instant potatoes and you'll get something with a gravy-like consistancy. I think it's just bad luck, or maybe it's that my mind is always going and I can't stay focused on what I'm doing. Anyway, E (what I'm calling my fiance for blogging purposes) has the uncanny knack of being able to put different ingredients together and creating food that tastes good. I don't know how he does it!

What I'm sharing with you today probably isn't that unusual, but a few weeks ago E made a dip from cream cheese, salsa, Frank's Red Hot sauce, shredded cheese, and bacon. I know bacon makes everything better, but really? Salsa and bacon? It was awesome - and addicting. Blows. My. Mind.

E really loves using the crock pot and has a thing for making chunky soups and chilis. He called this "Taco Soup."



The ingredients: two cans sweet corn, two cans sliced black olives, one can each of kidney beans, baked beans, diced tomatoes, diced potatoes, pinto beans, two packets of taco seasoning, and beef stew meat

E put everything in the crock pot in the morning and let it cook all day until dinner.

 
Here it is ready to eat. I put a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of shredded cheese on top.
It was really tasty! Since it is getting colder outside, E's Taco Soup is perfect for this time of year.







P.S. I've linked up with Thirty Handmade Days * Here Comes the Sun * A Mommy's Blog Design * Stuff and Nonsense * One Project Closer * Tatortots and Jello * Craftionary * 2805 * At the Picket Fence * French Country Cottage * Funky Junk Interiors * Be Different...Act Normal * Craft Envy * Sweet Boutique * I Heart Naptime * Under the Table and Dreaming * Petite Hermione * The Sasse Life * Twigg Studios * Mad in Crafts * The Chicken Chick * Skip to my Lou * Clairejustineoxox * Sarahndipities * Coastal Charm * Today's Creative Blog * Krafty Kat * Sew Much Ado * Someday Crafts * Trendy Treehouse * We are That Family * Southern Lovely * DIY Crafty Projects * From the Kitchen of Mama Harris * House of Hepworths * Made in a Day * The Shabby Creek Cottage * Imparting Grace * The Charm of Home * Redoux

8 comments:

  1. yum. This looks hearty and relaxing for the cold nights ahead of us. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend

    found you via the blog hop
    would love for you to visit me when you can
    xo
    tina
    one crafty mess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful, I love crock pot cooking in the winter. Thanks so much for sharing on super Sweet Saturday.
    Steph
    swtboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks sooo good! So glad I found your blog, I love it:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopping by to invite you to My Wednesday Linky party. http://diycraftyprojects.com/2012/11/whatcha-work-up-wednesday-linky-party-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so yummy and easy!

    Thanks so much for linking up and linking back last week at the Humble Brag! Hope to see you back tomorrow to link up more great projects and see if you were featured. Don't forget, we will be giving away more free ad space! :)
    http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/the-humble-brag-link-party-6/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious and perfect for a cold night! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks really hearty and perfect for fall!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to make soups and stews! Praying the weather will cool down about 5 degrees so I can make this lind of thing without feeling silly. Sounds yummy and hopefully soon I can try it out. Found this page from amblogdesign hop.

    ReplyDelete