Friday, October 12, 2012

Halloween Word Art {Free Printable}

Have you heard of Wordle? It's pretty awesome if you like word art. You can browse through the gallery (other user's saved work) or make your own. If you use the advanced tab, you can designate which words are bigger and more prominent then others, even choose each word's color (if you're into hex codes). Once Wordle generates your "cloud," as they call it, you can change the font, the layout, and the color scheme.

I don't really have a whole lot of decorations for Halloween, most of my things are for autumn in general, so I decided to do one for Halloween.


You can use mine if you want or you can create your own. I printed it out put it into an unused frame I already had. First I placed it on an end table, and it looked OK.


I tried it in another area and like it better here...


I had fun thinking up Halloween related words to use and deciding which ones I wanted to really stand out. I hope you give Wordle a try. I plan on doing another for Thanksgiving.

13 comments:

  1. What a cute idea!

    Newest follower here:) Just found you on the October 2012 Blog Hop.

    Come say hi!
    http://elizakprints.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eliza ~ I tried to comment on your blog, but the durn Captcha won't let me. Apparently, I'm a robot. The following is what I wanted to say...

      Thank you for checking out my blog, Fixing for Friday, today and leaving your sweet comment. I've checked out a few of your posts - I'm now your newest follower!! I'm so glad you visited me! I can't wait to see how your onions turn out. I have such a "black thumb" I pretty much kill every plant I touch. :(

      Shannon
      fixingforfriday

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing, I had never heard of that before. I will have to go waste some time playing over there!
    Steph
    swtboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting the party, Stephanie! I know you'll have fun creating all kinds of word art.

      Shannon
      fixingforfriday.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. This is very good! I forgot to tell you I would love it if you would link up at my linky party on Thursday!
    Kim~madeinaday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the invitation - I'll definitely be there!

      Shannon
      fixingforfriday.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. Hi Shannon, I got your note and yes, I would be happy to have you feature my blog post.
    Thanks,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings,

    My name is Arvind Jay Dixit, CEO and Founder, of Bubblews.com. We are an innovative social blogging network we created where the bloggers are compensated for their thoughts in the form of being paid out per view, comment, like/dislike and social media share for every post they write. I am getting in contact with you to extend an invitation to join our community. It is 100% free to use and is very user friendly. I would love to answer any questions you may have, and be able to set up a time to speak with you over the phone about it. Bubblews.com is a movement, our community is tired of the fact that many corporate social networking sites profit off of users’ interests (private data) and do not compensate back. Bubblews.com is putting an end to that.
    More information can be found:
    www.Bubblews.com/about
    www.Bubblews.com/account/create

    I look forward to your response.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever! thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the black and white you used with all of the spooky words! I have used wordle but it's been a long while. Maybe I need to go make some cute word art for Christmas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete